CamdenNewJournal

The independent London newspaper

Four people treated in hospital after shootings on Regent’s Park Estate

Reports of shooting from car

15 August, 2021

FOUR people have been treated in hospital with gunshot wounds this morning (Sunday) after an incident on the Regent’s Park Estate.

Clarence Gardens is cordoned off as detectives investigate the shootings with forensic teams combing the area. They had been called just after 10pm last night (Saturday).

People had been gathering in the open space all day in the warm weather and the area had become increasingly busy and loud. Residents said complaints had been made to the police and the council over the disturbance.

In the evening, a car reportedly drove past with somebody shooting from its window.

Three women – including one in their teens – and a man were injured with police waiting for updates on their condition.

A Met statement said: ‘Two women were treated at the scene for suspected gunshot injuries before being taken to hospital. A man and a female later self-presented at hospital with suspected gunshot wounds.

“We await an update on the condition of all four. This is not being treated as terror related.”

 

Categories

Share this story

Post a comment

,