Get ready for great gigs as Jazz in the House launches its autumn season
04 October, 2018 — By Sebastian Taylor
Nigel Price and Carol Grimes – two top gigs
NINE great jazz gigs have been booked for the autumn season of Jazz in the House at Lauderdale House, Highgate.
The autumn series kicks off next Thursday, October 11, with a performance by award-winning guitarist Nigel Price’s hard-swing blues and soul-infected band.
• Thursday, October 18: Singer-poet Carol Grimes performing Roots, Blues and Songs for Lovers alongside a group of talented musicians including trombonist AnnieWhitehead.
• Thursday, October 25: Brilliant saxophonist Iain Ballamy playing with three virtuoso musicians.
• Thursday, November 1: A delectable night of Gershwin, Porter, Rodgers and Hart sung by supreme vocalist Elaine Delmar.
• Thursday, November 8: Altoist Allison Neale’s band playing the work of Art Pepper along other heroes of the time.
• Thursday, November 15: Original, creative jazz pianist-singer Ian Shaw performs items from his latest album celebrating women songwriters.
• Thursday, November 22: Music of major jazz composers celebrated by bass guitarist Mo Foster and friends.
• Thursday, November 29: Pianist Leon Greening’s brilliant trio.
• Thursday, December 6: A great finish to the autumn season with super-saxophonist Tony Kofi’s A Portrait of Cannonball.
• Jazz in the House at Lauderdale House, Waterlow Park, Highgate Hill, N6 5HG.
Tickets: Ian Shaw’s Solo Show £15/cons £12/students £8. All other gigs: £12/cons £10/ student £7, 020 8348 8716, http://lauderdalehouse.org.uk