The independent London newspaper

Labour’s leader is the victim of continuous smear campaigns

16 August, 2019

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn

• FOLLOWING Juliet Mwaniki’s letter (‘Show contrition and humility’, August 9), Jeremy Corbyn has actually done everything she asks, to no avail.

Additionally he has repeatedly condemned anti-Semitism, calling it a “grotesque evil”, “a cancer”, a “poison”, stating wherever it exists it must be opposed and: “Where it exists in the Labour Party it must be rooted out and destroyed.”

He is condemned for not speaking out against anti-Semitism. Labour produced a code of conduct which stated anti-Semitism is unacceptable in the party. The code was condemned as anti-Semitic.

Labour accepted 97 per cent of the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance definition and was then universally condemned for rejecting the IHRA. It accepted the other 3 per cent but the condemnation continues unabated.

Corbyn supports the two-state solution to the Israel / Palestine conflict; two states for two peoples, and in condemning anti-Semitism Labour stated: “The party is clear that the Jewish people have the same right to self-determination as any other people.

“To deny that right is to treat the Jewish people unequally, and is therefore a form of anti-Semitism.” This prompted certain newspapers to say that Labour posed an: “existential threat to Jewish life.”

Corbyn is the victim of continuous smear campaigns. Many, like the “Corbyn was a Russian spy” smear have failed miserably. This one is a success.

But the Jewish communities are also the victims. They are being lied to, and made to be afraid. Jewish people have nothing to fear from Jeremy Corbyn.



Share this story

Post a comment